Kazakhstan: Risks and opportunities in a changing energy landscape
Kazakhstan is a country rich in natural resources. This special report addresses some of the challenges and opportunities facing investors in the country’s energy sector.
The latest of our series of special reports, Kazakhstan: Risks and opportunities in a changing energy landscape, addresses some of the challenges facing investors in Kazakhstan’s energy sector.
Kazakhstan is rich in natural resources, including oil and gas, and the country can also boast a vast and almost untapped potential for renewables such as wind and solar power. Although lower oil prices represent a setback for Kazakhstan’s economy, the country’s production of both oil and gas is increasing as a result of large field developments.
President Nursultan Nazarbayev wants Kazakhstan to be one of the world’s top 30 developed countries by 2050 and has vowed to push through reforms to tackle corruption and strengthen the rule of law. However, regulatory, economic and political uncertainties represent risks for potential investors.
Table of contents
- Managing expectations in Kazakhstan’s new era
- Economic outlook hinges on oil and reforms
- Unleashing Kazakhstan’s gas potential
- Kazakhstan: gas in figures
- Growth in Kazakh oil output set to continue
- Kashagan field ramps up oil and gas production
- Tengiz to increase production beyond 2022
- Karachaganak commits to 20 years of gas exports
- Power sector needs cash to wean itself off coal
- Renewables: ambitious targets but slow progress
- Coal output may decline despite recent gains
Tables, maps and charts
This report includes 27 charts, maps and tables including:
- Kazakhstan’s gas production and consumption
- Kazakhstan’s renewables targets
- Kazakhstan's oil and gas infrastructure
- Kashagan export options
Preview this report
Download a free executive summary of this report.
To purchase this report for £495 (special 10% discount for subscribers), complete the adjacent form or contact our sales team using the details below.
Get this report
To purchase a copy of this report, please complete the form below: