- Natural Gas Daily
- Global Gas Analytics
Forecasts & Analysis
- The outlook for FSRUs and flexible LNG
- Special reports
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Interfax we have the following fundamental principles:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We do not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
For the purposes of this document, the term ‘Interfax’ means the Interfax International Information Group and all or any of its Parent, Sister and subsidiary organisations.
Information we gather
Information collected directly from you: Generally, you can visit Interfax's websites without entering any personal information. On certain pages, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. The personal information we collect may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- information about your company, and job function;
- your e-mail marketing preferences;
- financial information (including credit card or account information);
- information such as your nationality and country of residence that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- information used to customize and facilitate your use of our websites, including login and technical information;
- inquiries about and orders for our products and services;
- information that assists us in identifying the products and services that best meet your requirements;
- event registration information and
- feedback from you about our websites and our products and services generally.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information collected automatically: We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within Interfax's sites. On sites that you enter with a user ID, we may connect this information with your identity to determine your potential interests in our products and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, device, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site. We do not link this information to your identity.
How we use the information we gather
Services and transactions: We use your personal information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, such as providing information on Interfax products, registering purchased products, processing product orders, answering customer service requests, facilitating use of our websites, and so forth. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Interfax, information collected by our websites may be combined with information we collect by other means.
Website improvement: We may use your personal information to improve our websites and related Interfax products or services, or to make our websites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing our websites to your particular preference or interests.
Communications: With your permission, we may use your personal information gathered via our websites to inform you of products or services available from Interfax. When collecting information that might be used to contact you about our products and services, we will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications. Moreover, each email communication we send includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication. If you elect to unsubscribe, we will remove you from the relevant list within 10 business days.
The people that are given access to this information
This information is accessible by Interfax.
The security measures we have in place to protect your personal information
To safeguard your personal information, any data that you provide on registration is securely stored separately from the core of the website and locally within the Interfax offices. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser's memory. We may use them to track the number of times you have visited the site, to track the number of visitors to the site, to determine and analyze visitors' use of our sites (including the effectiveness of online advertising), to store information that you provide such as your preferences, and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our websites.
We may use session cookies (cookies that are deleted when your browser session ends) to store your user ID, elements of your user profile, to facilitate your movement around our websites (particularly in connection with information searches and order placement) and other information useful in administering the session.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of Interfax's websites or other websites that you visit.