Natural Gas Asia Pacific
Coal continues to be the preferred choice of fuel for power utilities in Japan despite an increase in LNG imports in April.
Latest Asia Pacific News
- Kogas and BG Group awarded North West Shelf cargoes
- InterOil chooses Exxon as potential PNG partner
- China’s tight gas supply to persist until 2014 – PetroChina
- China’s LNG filling network expands by 30% in four months
- China – imports rising faster than prices
- Osaka Gas sees LNG potential in PNG assets
China is importing more gas by pipeline than by sea for the first time, but new supply sources and regasification infrastructure may swing the competition back in LNG’s favour.
China is urging its domestic gas industry to adopt carbon capture and storage, as part of an early policy push to ensure a decarbonised future for the sector.
Squeezed by rigid power tariffs and fuel costs for imported gas, Taipower is hoping it will not lose its much-maligned Longmen nuclear power plant.