Natural Gas Gas to Power
Squeezed by rigid power tariffs and fuel costs for imported gas, Taipower is hoping it will not lose its much-maligned Longmen nuclear power plant.
Latest Gas to Power News
- Karish gas prospect boosts case for Israeli exports – CNHC
- Sonatrach to pay out over gas price dispute with Edison
- WAGP misses restart deadline
- Fuel economics not the only criterion for gas-to-coal switch
- European multilateral approached for Italian power network debt
- Financing closed for Polish gas-fired plant
- Japan eases rules on coal power
The Ukrainian gas sector is in flux, with increasing sources of imports. And with ex-Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko in jail, the gas contract she signed with Russia appears to be benefiting her rivals.
The embattled company may be selling off lucrative oil assets to bail out its struggling ‘sister’ companies, but it has made its mark as a gas producer.
Jordan’s already strained power system is buckling under the pressure of an influx of Syrian refugees and the government will need to take drastic action to avert major blackouts this summer.