Exploration & Production

Sonatrach and Total sign deal to develop Erg Issouane field

Total and Algeria’s Sonatrach have signed an agreement to develop the Erg Issouane gas field
By Staff reporter 8 October 2018 0 32815

Total and Algeria’s Sonatrach have signed an agreement to develop the Erg Issouane gas field, which forms part of the TFT Sud permit, the French major announced on Sunday.

Under the agreement, Sonatrach will take a 51% share while Total will hold the remaining 49%. First gas from the project, which is estimated to cost $400 million, is expected in late 2021.

Total and Sonatrach have also agreed to collaborate on the development of two petrochemical plants at Arzew in western Algeria.

...