Pipelines, Storage & Power

EU grants Romania €46 mln to upgrade its gas system

Romania’s state-owned gas transmission system operator Transgaz has received a €46 million grant from the EU to upgrade the country's gas network
By Staff reporter 1 October 2018 0 32734

Romania’s state-owned gas transmission system operator Transgaz has received a €46 million ($53 million) grant from the EU to upgrade the gas network in the northeastern part of the country, a spokesperson from the Romanian Ministry for the Economy told Interfax Natural Gas Daily on Monday.

The grant was made under the EU’s Large Infrastructure Operational Programme. The EU grant will cover about 30% of the total cost of the upgrade work, which is estimated at €174.3 million. The remaining 70% will be...