Pipelines, Storage & Power

PetroChina to build underground gas storage facility in Chongqing

PetroChina and other companies invited by local authorities will jointly build the Tongluoxia underground gas storage depot in southwest China.
By Staff reporter 11 September 2018 0 32500

PetroChina and other companies invited by local authorities will jointly build the Tongluoxia underground gas storage depot in southwest China’s Chongqing municipality, PetroChina’s parent company, China National Petroleum Corp., said on Tuesday.

PetroChina and an undisclosed strategic partner will hold a combined 57% stake, while a local government-owned company and private players will take the remaining 43%.

The depot will be able to store 1.5 billion cubic metres, 49% of which will be allocated for Chongqing and the neighbouring province of...