Greek FSRU looking to secure three more investors

By Silvia Favasuli 30 June 2017
  • Twitter logo
  • LinkedIn logo
  • facebook logo
  • Email logo
The Revithoussa LNG terminal, Greece. (European Commission) The Revithoussa LNG terminal, Greece. (European Commission)

The developer behind a planned LNG terminal in northern Greece is facing a battle to secure the investment it needs to take an FID.

Gastrade, part of Greek energy group Copelouzos and the would-be operator of Alexandroupolis LNG, told Interfax Natural Gas Daily it is looking to increase its number of shareholders from the two it has at present to five. Copelouzos controls 80% of Gastrade, with the remaining 20% held by LNG carrier specialist GasLog.

A Gastrade spokesman said the company was confident of investment from Greece’s public gas supply corporation DEPA and state-owned Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH), both of which are "in advanced discussions with [Gastrade’s] management".

Log in or register for a free trial to continue reading this article

Already a subscriber?

If you already have a subscription, sign in to continue reading this article.

Sign in

Not a subscriber?

To access our premium content, you or your organisation must have a paid subscription. Sign up for free trial access to demo this service. Alternatively, please call +44 (0)20 3004 6203 and one of our representatives would be happy to walk you through the service.

Sign up