Total to expand its presence in Senegal

Total has signed an agreement to expand its presence offshore Senegal, the company announced in an emailed statement.
By Staff reporter 3 May 2017 0 25734

Total has signed an agreement to expand its presence offshore Senegal, the company announced in an emailed statement.

Total will take a 90% stake in the Rufisque Offshore Profond Block, while Senegal’s state-owned Petrosen will take the remaining 10%. It is unclear whether the block is expected to be an oil or a gas play.

Total already has a significant presence in Senegal, but in the retail petroleum market and not exploration.

Talk to us
Natural Gas Daily welcomes your comments. Email us at comments@interfax.co.uk.