- Natural Gas Daily
- Global Gas Analytics
Forecasts & Analysis
- Brexit & the Energy Union
- Special reports
Conferences & events
The International Gas Cooperation Summit9-11 October 2017 ▪ Durban, South Africa
The International Gas Cooperation Summit (IGCS) will put the objectives of South Africa and the region at the forefront of international gas development, showcasing South Africa as a hub for gas development. Following the release of the Project Information Memorandum last year at the South Africa: Gas Options meeting, this meeting will outline the next steps of the Gas IPP Programme and the scale of opportunity for investors.
Topics will include:
- The Global Gas Outlook for Africa
- Modelling a Gas Economy: Case Studies for South Africa
- Significance of South Africa’s Gas Market in the SADC
- South Africa’s Gas to Power Programme
- The Cost of Diving into Downstream
- The Local Opportunities from South Africa’s Gas Market
- Accelerating Gas Infrastructure
- KZN Black Industrialists Programme – Preparing for Success
The International Gas Cooperation Summit is a platform for South Africa’s aspirations to build an energy hub for gas cooperation with international partners along the gas value chain. IGCS will showcase gas procurement and utilisation strategies, bringing together a global gathering of energy leaders who will enable Southern Africa to achieve its objectives in becoming an energy hub for the region, utilising technologies from around the world.
The legacy of the South Africa: Gas Options meeting
This meeting follows on from the hugely successful South Africa: Gas Options (SAGO) conference which ran in 2015 & 2016. SAGO followed the journey of the South African government's launch of their Gas IPP Programme, culminating in the onsite release of the Project Information Memorandum outlined by the IPP Office and Department of Energy.