EU Policy and Regulation
Shale gas in the US may not be as economic as once thought, meaning its potential in Europe could be limited.
Latest EU Policy headlines
- Electrabel, Hungary dispute raises uncertainty for investors
- Policy failure sees gas-fired power generation drop by 20%
- EU Water Framework Directive could benefit gas
- Staff reshuffle delays Belpex, Electrabel probe
- Belgium to phase out oil indexation in retail gas supply
- Jury still out on capacity markets – ACER
Lithuania will favour a new LNG terminal on the Estonian coast for EU priority status and possible funding when it takes over the presidency of the EU in July,Interfax has learned.
The European Parliament’s position on backloading under the EU ETS is unlikely to change despite pressure from member states, analysts have told Interfax.
Interfax talks to Emmanuel Haton, BP’s director of European government affairs, about the regulatory challenges facing the EU gas industry. .
Most Read: EU Policy and Regulation
The Wildcat Blog
Evert Monday, Wildcat gives you a headstart on the coming week, as well as a round-up of what mattered last week.